Teaching & Learning Innovation at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville regrets to announce that the 2020 Innovative Teaching and Learning Conference on March 31 has been canceled. The health and safety of conference participants, TLI and UT staff, faculty, and students are our highest priorities and were the determining factors in this difficult decision. The university has also announced several steps in addressing Coronavirus (COVID-19), that played a major part in this decision.
For participants that had planned on traveling to Knoxville for this conference, and reserved a hotel room at one of our conference hotels, your reservations have been cancelled and you will not be financially responsible for this reservation.
TLI wishes to thank each of you who planned to participate in our event. We plan to host this conference annually, and will be contacting you in the near future about the 2021 Innovative Teaching & Learning Conference. We hope you will be able to join us next year.
We realize this is a trying time for faculty and staff at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, as well as for those across the region as universities respond to COVID-19. As UTK professors transition classes online, there are several campus resources available to you:
- For information on setting up Zoom, utilizing Canvas, and other online learning technological needs: Instructions that can help with these tasks, and much more information about working and teaching online, can be found at OIT’s Teaching and Working Remotely web page.
- Once you’ve taken the proactive measures listed above, be sure to visit the Quick Start to Online Teaching page for tips on effective online teaching.
If you have further questions, you may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presenters that were accepted this year, if they want to present next year, what is the process that they will have to go through?
- All proposals go through a blind peer review process. We hide all identifying information. Thus, no proposal receives preferential consideration. We do hope that if you submitted a proposal for the 2020 conference, you will resubmit for 2021.
If I booked my hotel room via the link provided on the Innovative Teaching & Learning conference page, do I have to cancel my room reservation?
- If you booked your hotel using the link provided on our website, your room reservation has been cancelled. If you did not, you will need to contact the hotel and cancel your reservation. For the Cumberland House, please call 1 865-971-4663. For the Holiday Inn Downtown, please call 1-877-666-3243.
When and where will the 2021 Innovative Teaching and Learning Conference be held?
- We anticipate hosting the conference again next year around the last week of March or the first week of April of 2021. It will be held in our Student Union. We will be sending out information on the exact date as soon as we can.
Campus Support Resources Listed