Teaching & Learning Innovation, a unit of the Division of Faculty Affairs, and the Office of the Provost are scheduling a series of online, faculty-focused conversations on topics of campus-wide interest, peer-to-peer education, and community building.
How It Works
Roundtables will take place in a special Zoom session, facilitated by Faculty Affairs staff. Depending on the number of registered participants, attendees may be organized into smaller groups.
- Discussion: At each roundtable, faculty will be encouraged to discuss the initial topic, as well as any related topics that may arise throughout the discussion.
- Hosting: A faculty expert or staff member from Faculty Affairs will also be present to support each conversation by posing questions, pointing out resources, or providing guidance related to significant parts of the overall topic being discussed.
- Output: Depending on how the conversation unfolds, highlights, insights, or recommendations will be compiled and passed along to relevant UT offices or departments, beginning with the Division of Faculty Affairs.
How to Join In
Space for these sessions may be limited, so those interested in joining the conversation should register to participate as soon as possible, using the links below (a waitlist will also be created).
Fall 2021 Program:
Please note that both of the Fall 2021 Roundtables have been rescheduled as follows:
- Fall Roundtable 1: Difficult Conversations – Beyond the Classroom
- Thursday, October 14, 12:30-1:30 pm, Online via Zoom
- Fall Roundtable 2: Sustaining Momentum for a Research Agenda
- Tuesday, November 2, 12:30-1:30 pm, Online via Zoom
- Faculty Co-Hosts:
- Hollie Raynor, Associate Dean of Research, College of Health, Education, & Human Sciences;
- Heather Hirschfeld, Professor of English;
- Yanfei Gao, Professor, Materials Science and Engineering; and
- Jennifer Webster, Manager, Research Development, Office of Research, Innovation, and Economic Development.
Spring 2022 Programs:
- Spring Roundtable 1: Institutional Culture, Climate, and Being an Ally
- Spring Roundtable 2: Tenure, Promotion, and Work Transitions
Spring 2021 Program:
- Spring Roundtable 1: Work-Life Balance and the New (New) Normal – 2/3/21, with Lane Morris, Alison Buchan, and Jeannie Jones Tennant
- Spring Roundtable 2: Institutional Culture, Climate, and Being an Ally – 3/3/21, with James Williams, Joan Heminway, Mitsunori Misawa, Javiette Samuel, and Rob Spirko
- Spring Roundtable 3: Tenure, Promotion, & Transitioning During a Pandemic – 4/7/21, with Suzanne Allard, Charles Noble, Stephanie Bohon, and Michael Higdon
Fall 2020 Program:
- Fall Roundtable 1: Responding to an Election – 11/4/20, with Erin Darby, Stefanie Benjamin, and Courtney Wright
- Fall Roundtable 2: Considering Personal Health & Wellness – 12/2/20, with Knar Sagherian, Lee Murphy, and Danielle Bohn