We advance the Volunteer experience through programs, services, and partnerships that support instructors and enrich student learning.
Teaching and Learning Innovation (TLI) advances the Volunteer Experience through programs, services, and partnerships that support faculty and enrich student learning at the University of Tennessee. With a focus on evidence-based teaching and learning practices, TLI engages faculty in the creation and implementation of educational experiences and environments that are transformative, innovative, inclusive, and outcomes-focused.
Teaching & Learning Innovation will be the catalyst for effective student learning experiences through excellence in faculty development, support, and engagement.
As a unit within Academic Affairs, we champion:
- Excellence in teaching, learning, and assessment practices that foster student engagement and retention
- Programs and services that are informed by research and responsive to the changing needs of faculty and campus
- Reciprocal community-based learning that reflects our land-grant mission
- Campus partnerships that advance teaching and learning
- Diversity and inclusion in all student learning experiences
- Flexible learning environments that increase access and opportunity for students and faculty
- Recognition of teaching excellence and contributions of the full UTK teaching community