TLI strives to meet the ever-evolving needs of UT, Knoxville instructors. We are constantly looking for new forms of professional development that will allow individuals to pursue in-depth, self-paced learning experiences.
To this end, we have created a number of certificate programs based on current topics of interest, many of which are asynchronous. These are free and open to all faculty and instructional staff (including graduate students and post-doctoral scholars). Additionally, we have two certificates that are specifically designed for graduate students and post-docs.
Ultimately, our goal is for UT instructors, graduate students, and post-docs to gain knowledge and skills that will enable them to use evidenced-based teaching practices to enhance the learning experience for all students.
Our Certificate Curriculum
Our Asynchronous Certificates are:
- Course-Based Assessment
- Experiential Learning
- Inclusive Teaching
- CIRTL Associate Level Online Course (specifically for Graduate Students and Post-Docs)
Our Synchronous Certificates are:
- How to Teach Online for Graduate Students (specifically for Graduate Students and Post-Docs)
- This certificate is a joint venture in collaboration with the Office of Online Learning and Academic Programs (OLAP).
- CIRTL Facilitating Undergraduate Evidence-Based Learning (F.U.E.L.) (specifically for Graduate Students and Post-Docs)
The Certificate “Experience”
The modules for our certificates will live in Canvas Catalog. Each certificate has a different number of modules based on the specific goals with no certificate having more than six modules. To provide an overarching frame through which the participants can view and apply the information included in each certificate, there is a pre-certificate module on equity mindedness that all participants must complete. Once that module is complete, the participant can proceed with completing any and all certificates they wish (i.e., the pre-certificate module only needs to be completed once).
Each module will have at least one mechanism for assessing the participant’s understanding of the content. For participants in the asynchronous certificates who would like more peer-to-peer engagement, opportunities will be made available through TLI’s Faculty Support Networks. Please visit our Faculty Support Networks webpage for more information. To help you track your progress through each module, a % completion bar is included.
To enroll, please click the links below to access workshop descriptions and registrations.
Asynchronous Certificate Information and Registration:
- Course-Based Assessment certificate – Beginning Feb. 1st!
- Experiential Learning certificate – Beginning Feb. 1st!
- Inclusive Teaching certificate – Beginning Feb. 1st!
Synchronous Certificate Information and Registration:
- How to Teach Online for Graduate Students
- UT CIRTL: Facilitating Undergraduate Evidence-Based Learning (F.U.E.L.)
Upon completion of the modules and assessments related to a certificate, the participant will receive a badge that they can attach to any electronic version of their CV. Additionally, participants will receive a certificate that can serve as physical evidence of their completion.