Welcome to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville to our new Faculty Vols! This year’s NFTI will be hosted virtually, with sessions offered via Canvas.
About: As new faculty at UT Knoxville, you will come to find that faculty have access to a wide variety of supportive services and resources that will help make your experience here extremely rewarding. To provide our students with the unique Volunteer Experience, it begins with you: our faculty. Therefore, we would like to invite you to the 2020 New Faculty Teaching Institute (NFTI) from July 24 to August 10. This year’s NFTI will be hosted virtually, with sessions offered via Canvas.
Whether you’re beginning your teaching career or are an experienced instructor, the NFTI offers faculty new to UT the opportunity to learn about various campus resources that are available to support instructors’ teaching and students’ learning. Topics to be covered in this year’s virtual NFTI include:
- Best Practices in teaching Online and Hybrid Courses
- Effective Inclusive Teaching Practices, Universal Design for Learning, and Equity-Minded Teaching
- Experiential Learning and Risk Management During the During COVID-19
- Active Learning in the Socially Distanced Classroom
- Assessment Practices and Strategies for Student/Instructor Feedback
- Faculty Panel (Technology Enhanced Teaching Faculty Fellows)
Enroll in NFTI via Canvas
You can enroll in the New Faculty Teaching Institute by visiting the self-enrollment Canvas portal. Please note that you won’t be able to enroll or access the NFTI materials until you have been given your NetID. If you are experiencing issues with your NetID, please visit the Office of Information Technology’s Help Desk.NFTI Schedule