Welcome to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville to our new Faculty Vols! This year’s NFTI will be hosted in-person.
When: August 12 (8 AM – 5 PM) – August 13 (8 AM – Noon)
Where: Ken & Blaire Mossman Building (August 12); Humanities & Social Sciences Building (August 13)
About: As new faculty at UT Knoxville, you will come to find that faculty have access to a wide variety of supportive services and resources that will help make your experience here extremely rewarding. Resources that you might find particularly valuable as you seek to create a uniquely student-centered Volunteer Experience in the classroom are those related to teaching and learning. In order to introduce you to many of those resources, provide you with an opportunity to think through and develop your courses for the upcoming academic year, and meet with representatives from several teaching support offices, we would like to invite you to attend our 2021 New Faculty Teaching Institute (NFTI) on August 12 and 13, 2021.
Whether you’re beginning your teaching career, or are an experienced instructor, the NFTI offers faculty new to UT the opportunity to explore the core concepts, approaches, and practices that are essential to successful teaching and learning. A selection of topics to be covered in this year’s NFTI include:
- Who are Our Students and What Do They Contribute to the Learning Environment?
- Equity-Minded Teaching & Developing Inclusive Learning Environments
- Designing Effective Writing Assignments
- Active Learning in the Large Classroom
- Active Learning Using Positive Psychology
- Student Peer and Self-Assessment
- Panel Discussion with Experienced and Successful UT Faculty
Enroll in NFTI Today!
Register for our 2021 NFTI Today by clicking the button below.NFTI Registration