When: Friday, August 5th (8:30 AM – 4:00 PM)
Where: Student Union Building, 3rd floor, room 362 (see the campus map for more information)
About: Whether you’re beginning your teaching career, or are an experienced instructor, NFTI offers faculty new to UT the opportunity to explore effective approaches to their teaching, introduction to campus partners that provide support related to teaching and learning, and building community with others in order to elevate and enhance your teaching practice.
Our goals for NFTI are:
- to support new faculty to build community with one another,
- introduce new faculty to current polices, practices, and the greater teaching and learning environment at UT, and
- connect new faculty to TLI, and other important campus resources, that will help them be successful throughout their careers.
A selection of topics to be covered at this year’s NFTI include:
- an overview of UT academic policies and procedures,
- a panel discussion on student mental health needs and how to support your students to be successful in your class,
- a networking lunch with other new faculty,
- a campus partner resource fair, and
- breakout sessions with featured campus partners to ask questions and learn more about their teaching and learning resources.
Visit the NFTI schedule for a complete list of topics and events.
Register for New Faculty Teaching Institute today!Register