When: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 (5:30 PM – 8:00 PM)
Where: Online via Zoom
About: Teaching & Learning Innovation is pleased to host our second annual orientation event for all those hired to teach at the University of Tennessee on a part-time appointment. Whether you’re beginning your teaching career, or are an experienced instructor, this orientation offers part-time faculty new to UT an introduction to the resources, campus partners, and departments that provide support related to teaching and learning, and to build community with others in order to elevate and enhance your teaching practice.
The Orientation Schedule Will Include:
- Welcome from campus leadership
- A presentation providing information about our students’ strengths and what faculty can look forward to when teaching our students towards success
- An overview of university support programs and resources
- A panel discussion featuring 3 to 4 non-tenure-track faculty members currently working at UT
- A resource fair with representatives of campus units and offices whose missions are rooted in increasing the success of UT faculty
Get Started on the “Pre-Read”:
Before the event, you can find a preview of UT offices and support services, along with helpful links and advice, in the online Part-Time Faculty Startup Kit. Take a look before the orientation, and bring your questions!
Register for Part-Time Faculty Orientation today!Register!