Occasionally there are employment opportunities for full-time or part-time job seekers, as well as project collaboration opportunities between TLI and instructional staff. Check back in for opportunities.
Graduate Student Intern for Assessment
We are seeking a graduate student intern to assist with projects and programming related to our assessment initiative. This position reports to TLI’s Research and Assessment Coordinator, and will play an integral role in the evaluation and assessment of TLI programming (e.g., workshops series, institutes, Innovation Teaching & Learning conference), and other faculty development related assessment needs.
The candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development of data collection tools and resources, assisting with the evaluation and support of TLI programming and events related to the assessment initiative, and researching and applying best practices in assessment. In addition, the selected candidate will participate and assist with planning as it relates to internal assessment of current and future TLI programs, workshops, and campus offerings.
This graduate student intern selected for this position will primarily assist TLI staff with projects and events that they will either be assigned to, or may be currently involved in, related to assessment and evaluation.
- Be a current, full-time student, enrolled in the Graduate School at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, during the 2021-2022 academic year
- Maintain good academic standing with all graduate courses
- Make reasonable progress towards their graduate degree program requirements
- Be able to work 10 hours per week
- Possess knowledge and understanding of educational research, higher education assessment, program evaluation, and qualitative methods
- Hold a Master’s degree
- Demonstrate time management skills and be able to work on several projects simultaneously and effectively
- Communicate appropriately with unit colleagues in a timely, proactive, and organized manner
- Have strong knowledge and experience with qualitative data analysis
Be able to use NVivo software (or other qualitative software) and Microsoft Office
- Assist with data collection and assessment reporting duties (e.g., data analysis, presenting).
- Design surveys written to evaluate TLI programming and events.
- Support the process of online resource creation and expansion related to course assessment.
- Research and apply best practices in assessment.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Information About This Position
This position is eligible to begin at the beginning of the Fall 2021 semester on August 18, 2021, and last until the end of the Spring 2022 semester, or May 10, 2022. There is a possibility that this position could be extended until June 30, 2022.
The selected applicant can expect to receive pay at $15.00 per hour, 10 hours each week.
This position is an internship, and therefore does not hold the same level of benefits as a Graduate Research Assistantship. This position does not include an academic program stipend, health insurance, or other GA/GRA/GTA benefits.
Applicants should submit a copy of their CV or resume, an introductory letter (1-2 pages) describing their qualifications and reason(s) for being interested in the position, as well as a list of 2-3 references.
Submissions must be received by 5:00 PM on Friday, May 21st for full consideration, and must be emailed to Wes Romeiser, TLI’s Administrative Specialist, at email@example.com.
If selected, applicants will be contacted via email to schedule an interview via Zoom.