Facilitating Undergraduate Evidence-Based Learning
Are you a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow interested in learning more or enhancing your teaching? Join us for “Facilitating Undergraduate Evidence-Based Learning (FUEL)” professional development seminar in Mini-term 2021.
This 6-module professional development seminar introduces participants to evidence-based teaching and learning practices.
Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows can enjoy a number of benefits from participating in UT CIRTL FUEL:
- Earn the internationally-recognized CIRTL Associate Certification, which can be included in a teaching portfolio or on a vitae
- Develop knowledge about the most current teaching and learning research
- Apply the following teaching and learning concepts of evidence-based teaching concepts: evidence-based teaching strategies, learning through diversity, teaching as research, and learning communities
- Build a learning community with like-minded students from different disciplines to think about and discuss various topics related to teaching and learning
The mini-term 2021 CIRTL certified professional seminar will take place every Monday, Wednesday and Friday beginning May 12 and ending May 24. The seminar will be delivered synchronously and asynchronously using Zoom and Canvas. Once registered, the facilitators will send you Canvas and Zoom details.
Module 1: Introduction, The Syllabus, Teaching Identify & Beliefs
- Wednesday, May 12 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Module 2: Teaching Philosophy, Inclusive Teaching, Intro to Course Design
- Friday, May 14 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Module 3: Overview for Course Design
- Monday, May 17 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Module 4: Evidence-Based Teaching Strategies and Types of Teaching & Learning,
- Wednesday, May 19 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Module 5: Assessing Student Learning
- Friday, May 21 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Module 6: Collaborative Learning and Course Debrief
- Monday, May 24 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Please note that only the May 12 session will be listed in the workshop portal, but registering for that date means you are agreeing to attending all following dates mentioned above. You can register for all six sessions on our workshop portal.