Are you a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow interested in learning more or enhancing your teaching? Join us for “Facilitating Undergraduate Evidence-Based Learning (FUEL)” professional development seminar in Fall 2022.
This 6-module professional development seminar introduces participants to evidence-based teaching and learning practices.
Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows can enjoy a number of benefits from participating in UT CIRTL FUEL:
- Earn the internationally-recognized CIRTL Associate Certification, which can be included in a teaching portfolio or on a vitae
- Develop knowledge about the most current teaching and learning research
- Apply the following teaching and learning concepts of evidence-based teaching concepts: evidence-based teaching strategies, learning through diversity, teaching as research, and learning communities
- Build a learning community with like-minded students from different disciplines to think about and discuss various topics related to teaching and learning
The Fall 2022 CIRTL certified professional seminar will take place every Tuesday beginning October 18 and ending November 29. The seminar will be delivered synchronously and asynchronously using Zoom and Canvas. Once registered, the facilitators will send you Canvas and Zoom details.
Module 1: Introduction to Teacher Identity
- Tuesday, October 18, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Module 2: Teaching Philosophy Statements
- Tuesday, October 25, 2:00- 4:00pm
Module 3: Effective & Inclusive Course Design
- Tuesday, November 1, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Module 4: Evidence-based Teaching Strategies
- Tuesday, November 8, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Module 5: Assessment
- Tuesday, November 15, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Module 6: Design Project Presentations
- Tuesday, November 29, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
This opportunity will be held virtually using Zoom. To register for Fall 2022 CIRTL F.U.E.L, click here. The deadline to register is Friday, October 14th at 11:59pm.