Are you a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow interested in learning more or enhancing your teaching? Join us for “Facilitating Undergraduate Evidence-Based Learning (FUEL)” professional development seminar in Spring 2023.
This 6-module professional development seminar introduces participants to evidence-based teaching and learning practices.
Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows can enjoy a number of benefits from participating in UT CIRTL FUEL:
- Earn the internationally-recognized CIRTL Associate Certification, which can be included in a teaching portfolio or on a vitae
- Develop knowledge about the most current teaching and learning research
- Apply the following teaching and learning concepts of evidence-based teaching concepts: evidence-based teaching strategies, learning through diversity, teaching as research, and learning communities
- Build a learning community with like-minded students from different disciplines to think about and discuss various topics related to teaching and learning
The Spring 2023 CIRTL certified professional seminar will take place every Tuesday beginning March 28th and ending May 2nd. The seminar will be delivered synchronously at two available times during the day using Zoom and Canvas. Once registered, the facilitators will send you Canvas and Zoom details.
Module 1: Introduction to Teacher Identity
- Tuesday, March 28th, 10:00am – 12:00pm and 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Module 2: Teaching Philosophy Statements
- Tuesday, April 4th, 10:00am – 12:00pm and 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Module 3: Effective & Inclusive Course Design
- Tuesday, April 11th, 10:00am – 12:00pm and 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Module 4: Evidence-based Teaching Strategies
- Tuesday, April 18th, 10:00am – 12:00pm and 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Module 5: Assessment
- Tuesday, April 25th, 10:00am – 12:00pm and 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Module 6: Design Project Presentations
- Tuesday, May 2nd, 10:00am – 12:00pm and 5:30pm – 7:30pm
This opportunity will be held virtually using Zoom. To register for Spring 2023 CIRTL F.U.E.L, click here. The deadline for registration will be Monday, March 27th at 10:00am.