Diversi-Tea is part of an ongoing effort to facilitate communication among faculty, staff and graduate students about issues related to inclusive teaching practices. In monthly sessions, faculty and staff will be given the opportunity to learn from one another and engage in dialogue about the various ways of incorporating inclusive teaching practices.
The goal of Diversi-Tea is to help faculty and staff gather insight on:
- Engagement of diverse student populations
- Teaching of self-regulation and study skills
- Ways to prevent and address issues of incivility and bias
- Self-assessment of their own cultural competency
- Guided reflection activities for diverse learners
- Communicating best inclusive practices with their colleagues
Diversi-Tea’s Spring 2019 sessions have concluded; the program will resume in the Fall 2019 semester and details will be posted on this webpage soon.
If you have any questions about Diversi-Tea or if you require disability-related accommodations, please contact Janelle Coleman at email@example.com.