About the NCFDD
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville is a proud institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is a nationally-recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, staff, graduate students, and post-docs. They are 100% dedicated to helping faculty make successful transitions throughout their careers. NCFDD’s programs complement those offered by Teaching & Learning Innovation and others at UTK to help faculty increase writing productivity, establish and maintain work-life balance, and create broad networks of collegial support on campus.
In addition to their signature Faculty Success Program and campus workshops, they deliver a variety of virtual programs and resources including:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Video recordings of all webinars so members can learn at their convenience
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring & problem-solving
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Moderated monthly writing challenges
- Access to the Career Center where members can post and search job listings
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
Using Your UTK Membership
Our institutional membership allows an unlimited number of faculty, staff, graduate students, post-docs, and administrators at UTK to create individual accounts that give them on-demand access to NCFDD’s online members-only resources. Broadly speaking, these resources provide external mentoring and professional development training centered on helping faculty achieve outstanding research and writing productivity while having a full and healthy life off-campus.
To create your personal account and begin accessing NCFDD’s library of resources, please visit www.FacultyDiversity.org/Join and select “The University of Tennessee, Knoxville” from the drop-down menu of member institutions.