Registration for this event has closed.
Workshop & Lunch
Sponsored by Teaching & Learning Innovation & the ASCEND Program
In collaboration with UT Knoxville’s Department of Chemistry, Teaching & Learning Innovation and the ASCEND Program are hosting a workshop and lunch that focus on active learning in the STEM classroom.
- Lunch: Discussion of Challenges & Successes of Active Learning by Participants
- February 11, 2020 | Student Union 270 | 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Free lunch will be provided as we discuss as a group the challenges and successes of active learning among the lunch participants.
- Workshop: Facilitating Active Learning in the STEM Classroom
- February 11, 2020 | Student Union 262 B/C | 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- This workshop will provide an introduction to active learning, an explanation of active learning models, and a discussion of how to facilitate active learning in a variety of instructional settings.
Workshop & Luncheon Speaker
Jill Robinson, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer of Chemistry at Indiana University
Our guest speaker will be Jill Robinson, who has won several teaching awards including the President’s Award for Distinguished Teaching at Indiana University. She presents at national conferences in the area of chemical education and is a participant in a National Science Foundation Grant to develop active learning materials for analytical chemistry.