The purpose of the Teaching & Learning Innovation Support Awards Program is three-fold:
- to provide funding to instructional faculty members, graduate student teachers, and staff members to help them enhance the learning experience for students that take their courses.
- to support instructional faculty, graduate student teachers, and staff members to participate in teaching-focused professional development opportunities such as conferences and related educational experiences, and
- to enrich and expand the use of effective teaching strategies across the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
This funding is available to all faculty classifications, graduate student teachers and staff members who teach classes. Examples of funded projects include but are not limited to the following:
- A course redesign to include evidence-based teaching strategies.
- Incorporating an experiential learning component to a course and/or using experiential learning risk management assistance/materials.
- Implementing inclusive teaching strategies or effective assessment/evaluation into a course or project.
The application period for this opportunity has now ended. This program will reopen for the 2019 – 2020 academic year soon, and details will be posted on this webpage.